Account Migration (between cpanel servers): cPanel, L.L.C. provides migration tools and technical support to assist you in moving your websites from third-party control panels to cPanel and WHM. In the data migration process, there are some exceptions and concerns. While we want to make the process as seamless and transparent as possible, we will need to obtain some critical information from you prior to the relocation.
Customers that use the following third-party control panels are eligible for complimentary migration services:
We can also help with migration for the following End-of-Life Operating Systems:
- Amazon® Linux 1
- CentOS 3.x, 4.x, and 5.x
- CentOS 6 32-bit.
Your servers must meet the following requirements in order to complete the transfer process successfully:
- A Linux-based source server with Plesk, DirectAdmin, or Ensim installed.
- A licensed and freshly installed cPanel & WHM server running on one of the operating systems listed below:
- CentOS 7; Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® (RHEL) 7 o CloudLinuxTM 6, 7, or 8 o Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® (RHEL) 7
- Both servers must be running MySQL® 4.1 or higher, as well as Perl 5.6.2 or higher.
- Both servers must have at least twice as much free disk space as the largest account to transfer, plus an additional 1GB of free disk space. This free space is used by the packaging and restoration operations to store temporary files.
- You must have root privileges on both servers.
- There are no accounts on the destination server.